Paper Jam! ?

Robotic_Rob 02:26 16 May 04

Hey folks, For some reason my printer doesnt like printing when i set the preferences to just black and white instead of colour. The printer pulls in the paper like its going to print and then my computer is telling me there is a paper jam and the red light on the printer is flashing. And i cant think of what would be wrong with it, this is the first time ive tried 2 print like this. But after i clear the fault i can print in colour, n then try again in black and white and it doesnt like it.

Ive tried different paper, different amount of paper in the loadin bay(or what eva you want to call it). Ive also downloaded the latest version of the driver and monitor for it. And still no luck.

I have Windows Xp, Epson Stylus C42UX, Driver Version 4.32 or 5.32 (As different things is telling me different version numbers). Trying to print off the Photo Print Wizard.

Cheers for any help!

howard60 06:47 16 May 04

has your black ink cartridge run out? if so the printer may refuse to operate in black only.

Robotic_Rob 12:55 16 May 04

No it hasnt. The printer prints perfectly when its set to print in colour. So a test page prints perfectly all colours and black.

howard60 20:01 03 Aug 04

just read back to your answer - are you aware that a colour cartridge can produce black? it is an expensive way of doing it. If you have a spare black try fitting it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009