//some 3rd party need geo

Pantone colour conversion

SLIMMERTIF 19:59 08 Aug 05

Hi there,

I have designed an advertising label, and have used word. It is a very simple design to be embroidered, and then stitched onto a harness.

My problem is that I have to tell the printer what the Pantone Colours are, and has I have used word, I only have them as RGB colours. Only two colours are involved.

Is there any way of "converting" the RGB data that I have into the correct Pantone ?

jack 20:15 08 Aug 05

I dare say there is such a thing - for the print and reprographic industry - there fore being a professional tool,costly and possibly beyond
home computering.
The simplest way is to print it off on photopaper and go along to the printer with it and work through his Pantone Sampler with him.

Screen images will never match reflective[off paper] images for reasons that go way beyond the word limit of this forum.

alB 20:43 08 Aug 05

Determine what the RGB values are of the colours you're using and then check them of against this conversion chart click here ...alB

€dstowe 22:30 08 Aug 05

If you're doing this as a one off (or only a few) the simplest thing is to produce a paper proof with the colours that you approve and you or your printer (or both of you) physically match this against a Pantone colour match chart or fan.

It is extraordinarily difficult to get a match from on-screen views and electronic conversion unless you have carefully calibrated the equipment.

woodchip 22:57 08 Aug 05

You have to use the correct program to do it. I used to us a Old Program that did it. GSP Designworks 3.5 Later incoperated into PowerPublisher. Free Trial
click here+++++++

click here

SLIMMERTIF 08:17 09 Aug 05

Once again - thanks for all the help and suggestions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…