Panoramic/Landscape Mode

Nightryder 21:59 11 Aug 04

Im looking to buy a new digital Camera, top of my list is a Kodak 7630, ive been reading everything I can find on this model but cant find out(including an e-mail to Kodak, no answer) if taking pictures in Landscape mode is the same as panoramic mode, does anyone know??

Falkyrn 22:17 11 Aug 04

I'm not 100% sure but I believe this mode is from the size/quality option which has a normal setting of 3x2 which is the optimal setting for printing out 4 x 6 images using the optional print docking unit.

The panormaic option gives a different size ratio for printing images.

Falkyrn 22:17 11 Aug 04

I'm not 100% sure but I believe this mode is from the size/quality option which has a normal setting of 3x2 which is the optimal setting for printing out 4 x 6 images using the optional print docking unit.

The panormaic option gives a different size ratio for printing images.

click here

anchor 08:58 12 Aug 04

A short answer is NO. To make "true" panoramas you would need a panorama making programme, such as Photovista or Pixmaker.

Some cameras, such as Canon, and I think Olympus, do have a panorama making facility that you use with their software. However, this is not as good as Photovista or Pixmaker.

I have tried The Panorama Factory, and was not impressed with the results.

The BB 09:25 12 Aug 04

I've got an Olympus C745 from Jessops (£199) 3Mp with 10x optical and with Olympus cards (may just be the directory name?) it has a panorama mode that the accompanying software then stitches together.

Only works right to left (!?) but good - though the panorama picture was 15Meg. Think I was limited to 5 or 7 pictures to stitch together, but the camera has side bars to indicate where the overlaps should be.

Alternative of course is just to do it on a tripod and use one of the many editting packages
Thing to work out is how to print something so long that is so thin when on A4

cga 09:31 12 Aug 04

Just to add to what anchor says: Some cameras (such as non-digital APS and a few digitals) have what is called a panoramic mode. It really is only pseudo panoramic where the top & bottom of the picture is cropped to give an impression of panoramic when printed.

Real panoramic can only be acheived with a special lens or where a number of shots are stiched together. There are some recommendations for taking pictures for this purpose (use a tripod etc.) but this is best done by software on the computer.

hssutton 10:19 12 Aug 04

You may find this site click here of interest, if you are really interested in making pano's.

cga 10:24 12 Aug 04

That is a good site - nice one

spuds 12:01 12 Aug 04

Kodak UK contacts click here click here

Nightryder 19:35 13 Aug 04

Thanks a lot for your info Guys, there is an additional wide angle lens I could get it adds about another £60 to the price do you think this would help??

cga 17:01 14 Aug 04

I dont know which wide angle lens you are looking at but these normally only give you a small increase in the angle and will not make a significant difference when creating a panorama.

By all means ask to try it and see what you think but do not expect miracles.

btw: The most common use I have for my Wide Angle lens is taking interior shot of property (for advertising). You get a little more of the room in but that is about it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…