Is 'Panda' antivirus any good?

buel 22:02 29 Jun 09

Hi, a friend of mine has an anti virus called 'Panda', is this any good please?
Ps-im thinking of recommending AVG but am i right in thinking that it doesn't update any more, therefore not doing it's job?

MAT ALAN 22:10 29 Jun 09

am i right in thinking that it doesn't update any more

Absolutely not, for a home user PC AVG 8.5 is a fine tool and its FREE unlike Panda...

buel 22:14 29 Jun 09

Thanks for that! But is Panda any good even?

MAT ALAN 22:28 29 Jun 09

If you are lookin to buy then probably not it doesn't seem to make many top 5s...

woodchip 23:55 29 Jun 09

One thing I can tell you is its a pig to remove it

woodchip 23:56 29 Jun 09

I use Free Avast on all my Home XP computers

DieSse 00:37 30 Jun 09

"...im thinking of recommending AVG"

Presuming we are talking about the free versions - (as the paid versions include more features) - If I were you I'd recommend Avira and Avast - both of these include more anti-virus measures than AVG.

Muergo 05:30 30 Jun 09

I put in Panda global 2009 which was rated in the top three except on price, but got it free on Trialpay, even if you don't get this, the discounted prices are half the advertised price, about £20.
It is totally different from previous editions, has lots of extras and a very fast scan with a high rated firewall.
It's a bit picky about what other antivirus you run, does not like a-squared, but goes fine with Avira and Malwarebytes. It does not clash with Advanced windows care.

Muergo 05:33 30 Jun 09

Addition to my previous note: older versions can hang around after uninstallation, but Panda site will send you complete uninstall methods for last four years of programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos