Panda ActiveScan and infected files?

spuds 22:25 08 Sep 03

I like a number of other people, seem to be getting rather paranoid about virus's and infected files etc.I do a regular update of all my anti-virus (AVG)and other protection devices installed on my computer. I do constant checks both manually and automatic, and on all occasions I have had the all clear.Today, I have just downloaded the on-line Panda ActiveScan, and completed a full scan of my computer.

ActiveScan as found and disinfected four problems, within my Exploit/Byte...C:\Documents and Setting\User\Local Setting\Temp Files. Should I be alarmed, or is this a method, so that I will purchase a Panda anti-virus product.What are these files mentioned, anything of importance?

ellas 22:47 08 Sep 03

might be a problem,found this thread about it click here you could try clearing your temp files and run it again to see if thats got rid of it,do you have a firewall.

holly polly 22:47 08 Sep 03

hi spuds i would be inclined to do another online scan to verify what panda have told you here is a link to symantecs site ,do the online scan and let me know how you get on ,if anything it will only verify or put your mind at ease -have fun the link is here click here
hol pol...

spuds 19:29 09 Sep 03

Thanks for reply.ellas good link. holly polly-think that I have upset something.Tried to download your link twice, and all signs that download was progressing.After twenty minutes I gave up, as something was not correct. I think Panda as done something naughty. My AVG anti-virus is now telling me that it is corrupted.Tried to repair without success, so had to re-install AVG.

Gaz 25 12:45 16 Nov 03

I hae run panda, and shown my system up as clean.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…