Panasonic TV remote control

Peter J 12:01 18 Apr 09

Hi,
We have two Panasonic TV's, in separate rooms divided by a glass door.
However the remote control IR signal from one RC sometimes strays, and changes channel etc. on the other TV.
Is there a way to change the remote control frequency on one set, so that it does not interfere with the other one.
Thanks so much for any advice.
Peter

eedcam 12:25 18 Apr 09

Dont think so but you should be able to shield the receptor on either or both sets bit fiddly I'm afraid

Diemmess 12:45 18 Apr 09

The remotes are interchangable so since they work by infra red and the sets may be physically fairly close, you need to stop IR signals bouncing off light walls and other reflecting surfaces.

One crude way would be to find out where the recepter is on the front of each set.
Partialy mask it with a taped-on card tube like a shortish piece of bog roll or something smaller and more elegant!
This would shield it from all but a directly pointed signal

Technotiger 12:50 18 Apr 09

Not a member of the Blue Peter team by any chance :-))

Diemmess 14:15 18 Apr 09

I'm flattered!

eedcam 15:27 18 Apr 09

Techno
I expect he got expelled for copying other peoples suggestions Ha!

laurie53 19:45 18 Apr 09

Have the same problem, except that the stray signals operate my wife's stairlift!

Luckily there is a built in movement delay on it and the remote is rarely pressed for long enough to actually move it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…