Panasonic TV blocked by Self Check message

robertroper 13:28 01 Jan 15

I have a Panasonic TX-32LXD700 TV . With no prompting the screen displayed "Self Check Complete" with a list of data. When I switched the TV off by remote and then on again it started checking digital and analogue settings. Then the display changed to a password page, inviting me to insert a new password. With the remote I attempted to enter a password, but the screen reverted to the self check complete page. This loop continues, and I cannot do anything else with the TV.

spuds 14:58 01 Jan 15

If you don't get any help or answers here. You could try Panasonic technical support or this television forum for an answer click here

Forum Editor 16:11 02 Jan 15

Transferred to Tech Helproom from Tech Consumer Advice.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:21 02 Jan 15

Power off at the mains (unplug it) for 5 mins

then reconnect and switch on see if you can get to menu - installation.

caccy 16:28 02 Jan 15

There is a method of returning the tv to the factory defaults without having to input the password. Try the following 1) with the TV switched on :- press and hold V- on the TV, and at the same time, press and hold the " i" button on the remote. 2) Switch off the tv using its power button. Release the buttons 3) Switch on again and the tv should now be at the factory default. Have used this method with our Panasonic.

robertroper 15:05 30 Jan 15

Thanks caccy, That worked a treat! All up and running once more!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced