Panasonic Lumix TZ7

chestnutcake 19:12 20 Mar 11

Hi, I know I should find a Camera help Forum but am taking a chance and am posting on here.

My query is absurd, I know that, old age does not come by itself etc. I have had this super camera for two years, it is a joy to use. However, one of the optional accessories is an AC Adaptor and I bought one of these - came across the invoice for this earlier today. Now, not only can I not find this Adaptor, but I am mystified as to why I bought it. Even knowledgeable friends who are camera savvy cannot tell me what the purpose of this optional accessory is. My camera came complete with battery charger so the adaptor is not for that. Can anyone help please]?

Im a diddy 19:22 20 Mar 11

This portable AC adaptor supplies consistent power to your appliance via a houshold mains socket. It is supplied with a power cable (fused UK 3 pin plug) and can be used worldwide (with a suitable plug adapter, not supplied). It features built in circuit protection. AC mains adaptors provide a more stable power source and prevent loss of data when transferring footage to a PC due to an empty batttery.
taken fromclick here

961 19:23 20 Mar 11

The adapter is for working with the camera and computer for long periods so that you are not forever having to stop to recharge the camera battery

As for where you have put it I'd like to bet it's in that large box you have which is absolutely full of mobile phone chargers, HP printer transformers, electric shaver chargers, USB wires, cables for old electric kettles.....need I go on?

Im a diddy 19:26 20 Mar 11

961.......The man draw :-)
click here

chestnutcake 19:36 20 Mar 11

Thank you so much I'm a diddy, I have been puzzling about this especially as more knowledgable people were baffled as well. Thanks to you 901 as well, and you are quite correct about various plugs and leads, I do have a large container for such things, i-touch headphones etc and many other cables but alas cannot see the said Adaptor. The invoice I found is dated two years ago so no chance of sending it back even if I ever find it, must have been barmy at the time because I am not someone who would make use of this, the simpler the better for me.
This Forum is great, there is always someone to provide help.
Thanks again.

chestnutcake 19:37 20 Mar 11

Sorry 961 - typing error referred to you as 901.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos