the Panasonic dvd recorder DMR-EX75

greyjay 21:07 19 Mar 10

THE UNIT SEAMS TO FORGET THE FREEVIEW SETTINGS. HAS THE RECORDER A BATTERY LIKE THE PC'S. THE RECORDER NEEDS TO UPDATE EVERY TIME I SWITCH ON THE SET.

REGARDS

ROGER

john bunyan 21:37 19 Mar 10

I have this machine, and it is fine with freeview. Have you checked the aerial connections? ie if you have a freeview TV as well, is the signal strong? What steps have you taken via the menu (eg retune from scratch?)

MIke 22:26 19 Mar 10

greyjay

I've been having the same problem everytime I switch mine on. Mine's a different model (ES20D) It says a new DVB service is available even when I know there isn't!! If you let it search for new service it comes back with no channels added. Seems to have been doing this since the re-tune last October.

I hoped the DSO here in Wales would sort it out, but after the first phase on 3 March it's still saying it's found a new DVB service each time I switch on. I have a Panasonic IDTV which is behaving OK.

I've gone into setup menu of the DVD recorder and switched off the auto notification of new service. I'll know to re-tune it as necessary cos my TV should let me know!

greyjay 19:11 20 Mar 10

thanks folk this seams to have done the trick.

Much Regards

roger wood

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…