the Panasonic dvd recorder DMR-EX75

greyjay 21:07 19 Mar 10

THE UNIT SEAMS TO FORGET THE FREEVIEW SETTINGS. HAS THE RECORDER A BATTERY LIKE THE PC'S. THE RECORDER NEEDS TO UPDATE EVERY TIME I SWITCH ON THE SET.

REGARDS

ROGER

john bunyan 21:37 19 Mar 10

I have this machine, and it is fine with freeview. Have you checked the aerial connections? ie if you have a freeview TV as well, is the signal strong? What steps have you taken via the menu (eg retune from scratch?)

MIke 22:26 19 Mar 10

greyjay

I've been having the same problem everytime I switch mine on. Mine's a different model (ES20D) It says a new DVB service is available even when I know there isn't!! If you let it search for new service it comes back with no channels added. Seems to have been doing this since the re-tune last October.

I hoped the DSO here in Wales would sort it out, but after the first phase on 3 March it's still saying it's found a new DVB service each time I switch on. I have a Panasonic IDTV which is behaving OK.

I've gone into setup menu of the DVD recorder and switched off the auto notification of new service. I'll know to re-tune it as necessary cos my TV should let me know!

greyjay 19:11 20 Mar 10

thanks folk this seams to have done the trick.

Much Regards

roger wood

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5