Panasonic Digital Video Camera

BBW 08:58 01 Dec 06

I have a Panasonic Digital Video Camera. Can anyone recommend software to copy from the camera to PC, then after editing to DVD.

Please don't mention Pinnacle, Ulead & Roxio! I have spent too may hours trying to get them to work

Technotiger 10:04 01 Dec 06

What about Windows Movie Maker in XP.

BBW 10:41 01 Dec 06

Thanks for that Technotiger, the problem with Movie Maker, it will only save for PC playback!

stlucia 11:31 01 Dec 06

If you've got Pinnacle, Ulead, and Roxio, and can't get them to work, there may be something fundamentally wrong with your PC or its settings. I have used an old version of Pinnacle with a Panasonic DV camera for many years without any significant problem (occasionally it hangs during rendering certain scenes). Once I've rendered the files into MPEG2 format using Pinnacle (takes an age on my machine), I burn them to DVD using Roxio.

I've heard of people having problems doing the whole thing from download to burn using Pinnacle; is that the problem you're having?

BBW 12:14 01 Dec 06

Hi stlucia, Yes, when I try to burn with Roxia it comes up with a fault code! Ulead is the same, Pinnacle I've just purchased will not load pass the registration screen. Tried their help forum and the options are so many I give up.
I will try and render and burn with a different software.
Have been wondering if it's due to IE7 I've installed!

Technotiger 12:16 01 Dec 06

Right - I would suggest revert to IE6 and then try again - preferably with Pinnacle which I use without problems.

stlucia 19:41 01 Dec 06

"Pinnacle will not load past the registration screen ...". No error messages or other clues?

Presumably you're using Win XP and SP2? Have you plenty of disk space available to install the software?

With Ulead you're able to dowload video from the camera, edit it, and render it? If so, then use your regular DVD burning software to try to burn the MPEG2 file(s) created by Ulead. See if that works.

BBW 21:41 04 Jan 07

Have removed and reinstalled programmes, programmes now mentioned are working!

Technotiger 21:44 04 Jan 07

Great - so all's well that ends well then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now