Panasonic camcorder

baldyx 20:26 24 Jun 05

Has any one experience of capturing the video/pics from the DV tape recored on Panasonic NV-GS17B model?

I didn't get any software with the camcorder. When I connect it to pc via USB the pc recognises the camcorder. The manual is not helpful either.

Thanks in advance.

siouxah1 21:55 24 Jun 05

Don't have that model, but the NVDS65 which uses the SD memory card for stills. Is this the same for the 17B?. As far as I am aware you require the software but have never tried it. Always take the card out and use the card reader if using the SD card.

As far as capturing video to your PC - you will need a Firewire connection. Then your camcorder should be recognised in the video editing software that you are using. This will enable that programme to capture your video for editing.

baldyx 12:32 25 Jun 05

This camcorder does not have SD card, only uses dv tape. Still picture is also stored on the dv tape.
Since my posting this, i used Windows Moviemaker to capture from tape but it does not capture the still photo only the video.

I use USB connection, how do I set up the the firewire connection on my Dell Dimesion 3000?
Do I need a card installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…