Panasonic Blu Ray and wireless connection

tigertop2 13:45 03 Jan 10

I have a Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray DVD player.

I know I can connect it to the internet via its LAN socket and a cable to my BT Broadband router. Does anyone know if I can connect it to my BT broadband wireless network, and thus the interent using a wireless dongle in the USB port? And if so how, please

Nothing in the maual and nothing back from Panasonic so far

mgmcc 16:45 03 Jan 10

>>> using a wireless dongle in the USB port? And if so how, please

I would think this is most unlikely. USB is a "Host Controlled" technology and, in a computer, uses USB Host Controllers to manage the connection. Your Blu-ray drive won't have the necessary USB Host Controllers built in to run a Wireless Network Adapter.

...unless anyone knows otherwise...

tigertop2 22:09 03 Jan 10

Thanks both of you. I am obviously getting into an area which I have little expertise on. However it is interesting to follow up on the idea and I will see what can be done, if anything--and provided it is cost effective.

I will close this thread right now but will open it up again if I have a 'eureka' moment and find something that works!

tigertop2 09:44 05 Jan 10

Thanks Beta

I had forgotten about that technology--might well be the answer if I can combine them as an additional broadband source and still use the BT router for everything else

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…