Pan European language Download

jollyd2 08:23 23 Aug 03

I am running Windows95 & IE5 but having trouble viewing some web pages as I need to download Pan European language support for IE5. But I cannot find it on the Microsoft site. It is also supposed to be in my Win95 disc but is not. Can any one pint me in thr right direction.
Thanks.

jazzypop 08:42 23 Aug 03

You should be able to 'Add as a component' - see click here for details.

A more detailed guide is at click here - although it refres specifically to Turkish, the prinsiple is the same for pan-european.

In effect, you will be downloading/installing additional fonts.

jazzypop 08:44 23 Aug 03

Wow, you can tell I haven't had my Weetabix yet - 'refres', 'prinsiple'? Who stole my spell-checker?

jollyd2 09:37 23 Aug 03

Thanks Jazzypop.
I tried the add component route but find that after clicking on add/remove button I am asked to insert my cd rom, but I originally installed IE5 from the internet. It did not give me any option to install from internet as suggested in the microsoft article.
Tried the turkish article but the link they give is no longer available.
Tricky ah.
I am fairly computer literate but having problems with this one.

jazzypop 09:59 23 Aug 03

Hmm - it seems a long, long time since I knew how to workaround that old chestnut.

Can you not find IE5 on a magazine coverdisk and reinstall it from there?

What happens when you open IE5 and choose Tools > Windows Update? Do you not have the option to download additional components there?

The final message in the thread at click here gives a link to a direct-download for IE5 SP2, which presumably contains the pan-european fonts needed. Note that the address has been wrapped over two lines - you need to copy and paste the entire address into a new browser window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…