Palm Desktop 4 Installation

magc 21:08 05 May 04

I am trying to install Palm desktop 4 (current version) on my Sony FX705 laptop running Windows XP Home.

Neither Palm or Sony support have come up with a fix - yet.

I download from Palm ok but when it comes to installation the Installshield wizard hangs at the welcome window. Task Manager shows Idriver.exe 99% and cannot close it. Admin tools>services can't stop Windows installer either. I can't even shut my machine down (it stays at windows is closing down screen), I have to power down.

I can install Desktop 4 on another (not Sony) XP machine. I can install desktop 3 on my Sony! Just the current version will not install! Help.

Tangy 22:46 05 May 04

Don't know if it'll work but you could try the latest Palm Desktop, version 4.1.4 only available on the PalmOne US website.

click here

Tangy 22:48 05 May 04

You could also post your question to Brighthand at click here

magc 09:08 12 May 04

This problem remains unresolved. One possible solution might be not to use the XP installwizard. Is there an alternative installer/method available?

Demora 09:57 12 May 04

I had a similar problem BUT I uninstalled everything to do with Palm..... even after add/remove programs thers stuff left. I renamed the folder Palm left behind and moved it to a different location (So I could atleast backup after re-install) Once everything was gone The Palm desktop reinstallation went smoothly.

It might help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…