Paintshop Pro Question

southpaw 17:55 16 Jul 05

Hi

I'm new to PSP and I'm stuck on something.

I'm doing a poster using canvas and have used PSP to erase away parts of the background so I now instead of the usual rectangle photo i have just the object in the photo (Have I described this clearly e.g a football now is just the ball and no background) BUT when I aquire the photo for CANVAS I still have the same rectangle shape because of the white erased areas. How can I get JUST the football round shape without the white rectangle??

Diemmess 18:30 16 Jul 05

I haven't used PSP but I think this will apply.

Mask carefully round the football in its original image. Edit | Copy the masked football.

Now open a new file and put in your canvas background. Then Paste the image of the football.

The excitement comes in making a believable football and arranging and sizing it in the new file.

It is usual to do something like 'combine all objects' before being able to print or save the file.

Belatucadrus 18:32 16 Jul 05

Go to file / new image and make sure the background selected is "transparent", not "White". Use magic wand on your adjusted picture to select the background. Then Selections / Invert. This should select only 'the football', then Copy / Past new Image and save. Then aquire this with canvas.

woodchip 18:53 16 Jul 05

The background should be made transparent

southpaw 19:08 16 Jul 05

Thanks guys.

Surely there must be a way for me just to cut out what I want and paste it in the cut out shape and not rectangle.

I've tried whats been suggested but still no luck!!

southpaw 19:32 16 Jul 05

Just thought of (maybe) a better explanation.

If I wanted to cut out someones face and add it to someones body without a white square around it!

All I wanna do is put a few photos on the same page together without each other being covered in white rectangles.

Bagsey 19:55 16 Jul 05

You could set the background colour then using the dropper pick up that colour and then add that colour to the white rectangle. it would then blend in and be invisible.

Eric10 20:10 16 Jul 05

One very important point after following any or all of the previous advice. You need to export your image as a GIF or PNG image as these are the only formats that support transparency. In Paint Shop Pro go to File, Export, GIF Opimiser or PNG Optimiser and fill in the dialogue box or run the Wizard.

BRYNIT 20:20 16 Jul 05

In PSP 9 (not sure about earlier versions) once you have removed the background go to the tools bar (usually on the left side) select the selection tool. Click and drag the mouse across the object this will show a square. Click in in middle you will now see a dotted line around the object you can now either move or cut/copy the object.

hssutton 21:08 16 Jul 05

I use Photoshop, but the method should be almost identical.

Open the file, also create/open the destination page

With the image and destination page displayed at the same time, Select the object using magic wand or marquee tool, then just drag the selected object onto the destination page. This will create a new layer with the selected object "floating" on the destination page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…