paintshop pro bacground to greyscale

rsturbo 02:12 30 Aug 09

i have a picture of a tiger and want to change the background to greyscale but keep original colours of tiger have psp 7 but also have 9 ready to install. pls any help would be appreciated

feb 07:10 30 Aug 09

I think this will help click here

eedcam 09:39 30 Aug 09

You could just select the tiger invert the selection so the background is selected then just change the background to greyscale

hssutton 10:41 30 Aug 09

Using Photoshop, (I would imagine that PSP has a similar tool)

The easy way would be to "desaturate" the image then use the "History Brush" to paint over the parts where you want to recover the colour.

ened 11:38 30 Aug 09

I have Elements and do not have a 'History Brush'.

The principle is still the same.

I would create a new layer, then obtain the effect I want for the background across the whole picture, then add a Layer Mask (probably called something different in PSP but the Help file should show you) then simply paint in the areas I want to retain the colour in. The same method as hssutton only without the specidfic tool.

THe advantage of doing this over making a Selection and inverting it is a smoother transition. I have (personally)never been able to fully master the 'Feather' feature so that it gives me exactly what I want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…