Paint.net - why is it doing this?

laptopdunce 03:29 AM 31 Aug 12
Answered

I am trying to resize photos down with Paint.net, never used to have any problems, open the file and import it and I always reduce size by percentage (not size) BUT when i go to "save as" it only resizes the photo but doesnt start that "flatten" option and when it is saved it only appears as a thumbnail with coloured dots on it and wont open, only can I open it with choosing a programme like Windows media player and then it will show the reduced size photo - but why is this happening? normally it "flattens" the reduced photo and then "save as" the full reduced size photo that will open immediately, I have re-installed Paint.net on this laptop recently and it seems to work OK but am wondering what I am doing wrong to not be able to get it to "flatten" the photo and then save it in the form of a jpeg photo (it is showing as a jpeg file when being saved but only shows that funny coloured dot thumbnail pic) thnaks Laptopdunce

laptopdunce 05:03 AM 31 Aug 12
Answer

funny this it seems to be making a true 2nd copy of the reduced size photo now, though it isnt "flattening" them from about 5000kbs to 140kbs, but it IS showing the reduced photo file as a true jpeg photo and not that weird coloured dot thumbnail, dont know how I did that but it seems to be working now. thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nvidia GRID 2.0 launch boosts virtualised graphics workflows

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites