Painting my PC case.

KRONOS the First 20 May 12

I have stripped my Lian Li PC8FIB PC case to its component parts and I have removed all switches, the optical drive faceplate and will be sanding and priming in due course. I intend to spray paint it silver with several coats of clear coat to finish. My question is what would be the best type of paint to use?Nearly all the surface I will be painting is metal but obviously the front bezel of the optical drive is plastic.

This is my first attempt t painting myself,I have had other cases powder coated but that tends to be quite a thick coating and can cause problems with switch and buttons so I am hoping hand painting will be thinner coating. Just not sure of the correct paint type.

And why am I doing it,I managed to scratch the case slightly which has annoyed me so I thought this would be a great chance to learn a bit more about modding.

onthelimit1 20 May 12

I usually use plasti-kote Details

Just what I am looking for, seems ideal,thanks.

robin_x 20 May 12

I have been painting old gash furniture.

Bookcase, dining table and a set of bunk-beds.

My advice. Don't. It takes bloody days and days.

robin_x 20 May 12

(results are nice though)

Time I have plenty of so I really do not mind. Like everything else make sure that the right tools and equipment are to hand and go for it. I intend to get into air brushing in due course put some artwork on the cases.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message