Paint Shop won't open pics

hippie54 20:59 18 Dec 07

When i try to open a pic in Paint Shop Pro 7, most times it crashes the computer into re-booting and only occasionally will open one: it worked fine until recently, and is driving me crazy.

meanwhile have reverted to paint shop 5 which still works fine: If i open an image in Paint Shop 5, copy and paste into PS7 as a new layer, there is no problem, but it will not paste as a new image without crashing.

Would appreciate any suggestions

MAJ 22:15 18 Dec 07

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing PSP7, hippie54?
If you are using XP, right-click on "My Computer", choose Properties > Advanced tab, click the "Settings" button in the "Startup and Recovery" section, and in the "System Failure" section, untick the "Automatically Restart" option. Click OK, Apply and OK to exit. Now try to replicate the problem that caused the PC to shutdown. This time, instead of shutting down, it should display an error message. Post that error message.

hippie54 22:51 18 Dec 07

Hi, thanks for your help:

Yes i am using Windows XP, and having done what you advised, no shutdown, and no error message, and the program seems to be running fine again.
Am really grateful (b****y computers!!)

hippie54 23:38 18 Dec 07

Looks like i spoke too early: PSP7 opened about half a dozen times, then crashed again: however when pc restarted, Asquared free Anti-dialler didn't restart, and PSP7 was okay again. Then when i restarted the anti-dialler, the problem came back: so it looks as though it may have been a conflict

MAJ 00:10 19 Dec 07

Glad you got to the bottonm of the problem, hippie54, it had to be a conflict of some sort, although I've never seen PSP7 conflict with anything before, it's one of the most stable programs I've ever used, I was hoping the error message would give a clue. That's one to be kept in mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…