Paint Shop Pro problem

dolphinaber 20:54 24 Nov 07

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me why it is that when I click on a folder say on the desktop which contains a photo which I know is in Paint Shop Pro instead of the photo `Images` comes up.
Thank you. I have XP

ton 21:17 24 Nov 07

Images and other files are defaulted to open with only one program.

To change the default for photos, right click on one of your photos, in the box that opens go to 'Open With'.
Go to 'Choose Program' - find PaintShop Pro and click it.

Make sure the box is ticked 'Always open with'.

Your photos should then always open with PSPro.

dolphinaber 22:25 24 Nov 07

Thank you ton,
I managed to get as far as Always open with and ticked the box but I still get the Images file which shows a collage, a globe, jazz man etc.
I can of course get into PSP in the normal way but as stated when I want a photo from PSP from any source I still get the `Images` come up.
Just thought perhaps I should turn PC off and on again.

ton 23:03 24 Nov 07

Did you find PSPro in the list and highlight it?

dolphinaber 22:13 01 Dec 07

Well at last I can log on to PC Advisor Havnt been able to log on and this evening I think I may have sorted it out due to cookies.
I still have Image with me and yes ton I did highlight PSPro. Is there anything I can do now?

dolphinaber 09:27 13 Jan 08

I am still getting `images` come up when I click on a photo. Just want to be able to get the photo up instead of `images`Havnt bothered of late and previous things I did dont seem to have helped. Thank you

ambra4 10:01 13 Jan 08

Run PSP-Click File-Click Preferences-Click File Format Associations-Select All-
Click Ok

All pictures will now open in PSP or you can select or deselect the file format that will open in PSP by selecting or unselecting the file format

dolphinaber 10:30 13 Jan 08

Thanks ambra4. Did as you said and selected all but `inages` still comes up when I try to put a photo say from the desk top into PSP. If I go into PSP in the normal way its OK.

ambra4 10:50 13 Jan 08

“When I try to put a photo say from the desk top into PSP”

Did you close PSP and restart after making change

Did the pictures icon change to the PSP icon; if it did just double click picture will open it in PSP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…