Paint Shop Pro break down

jack 14:50 28 Jul 05

Paint shop pro after a period of use seems to degrade and 'lose' various aspects of its self.
Inserting the disc and actioning 'Repair' does not always resolve the situtation, where upon there is nothing for it but to remove it, clean up and re indstall.

Why does it do it?
Other large programs remain perfectly stable- for example Word in its many guises.

Bagsey 15:03 28 Jul 05

I have been using PSP Pro for many year since its Dos 3.1 incarnation and have never had your trouble. It must be something to do with your setup. Can you start your computer in minimum mode by removing all software not need from your start up menu, then run PSP and see if the fault recurs. If not, gradually replace the start up programs until you generate the fault . This should show you which program is causing the trouble. That is not a very good explation! perhaps someone else can do a better one.

ventanas 17:10 28 Jul 05

Agree with Bagsey, also been using PSP since version 3, and never had a problem. Version 9 is perfectly stable, so I would look to other thinks such as resources as suggested. Some of PSP's actions require quite a lot.

jack 19:20 28 Jul 05

Bagsey and Ventanas
Will follow your suggestions, in a while 'cos fully engaged in a system re- build -at moment
got the bits, set em up -dont work- back build machine - raise queries with supplier- waiting their response - thats computering for you.
I have to say though. it is not just me with this problem. A buddy said yesterday when I was at his place with our Digital Darkroom Group'[We all use PSP as a common learning tool]I cant find top task bar'and true enough it had gone.
So I am going to see him 'one to one' next Monday.

Bagsey 21:18 28 Jul 05

Are you talking about the bar at the top which shows the Camera icon , discs and printer icon etc. If so click on view and you should see a tool bar command click this then make sure that the standard tool bar box is ticked. Hope this is of help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…