Paint Shop Pro 8 Installation problem

Tycho 20:39 13 Feb 05

Dear All

I have quite a serious problem. I have had PSP8 working fine on my login since I did a complete format and reinstall after Christmas. When my wife came to use it this evening it tried to install to her account on the computer but hit a problem. The computer made the following complaint:

"The installer has insufficient priveleges to access this direcotory I:Documents/Meg/My PSP8 Files"

I have checked the permissions for the partition and the subdirectories and I have put Meg in the administrators group. I have looked ant the ownership of the folders and have created the folder before running the install (This changed the complaint but did not allow be to complete the installation.) I have unistalled PSP and tried to reisntall it and now I can't even install from the Administrator's login. I now confess that I am stuck. Any ideas?

My computer is running Windows 2000 service pack 4.

In hopes

GaT7 23:42 13 Feb 05

- calling Jasc/Corel on their free technical support number 0800 376 9271 (info from click here).

- searching their knowledgebase* click here, or

- sending them a query (to send a query you'll need to be registered at the site first: click here to create an account). Good luck, G

*Searching their KB for 'install problem' (in PSP) gave the following result (10 pages) click here*xh&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_prod_lvl1=155&p_prod_lvl2=%7Eany%7E&p_search_text=install+problem&p_new_search=1&p_search_type=4&p_sort_by=dflt.

GaT7 23:44 13 Feb 05

The KB search link again: click here

Tycho 22:13 14 Feb 05

I have git the people at Corel on to it now. They advised use of a resistry fix but I fear that it has made matteres no better. :-(

GaT7 22:53 14 Feb 05

"They advised use of a resistry fix but I fear that it has made matteres no better"

Tycho, did you tell them that it made no difference & asked them what to do next?

And it seems you have inadvertently (?) ticked the thread as resolved! G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…