Paint Shop Pro 8- E-Mailing Problem

nova37 09:06 05 Jan 05

I having problems sending digital pictures via e-mail from PSP 8. After selecting and re-sizing a digital pic and sending it to a e-mail address it turns up at that address in Notepad form ie. gobblediguk!! Can anybody suggest a remedy to over come this problem. I have deleted and re-installed the Programme, without success. I am now using Elements 2 for e-mailing. However I prefer PSP 8. You help would be much appreciated.

€dstowe 09:25 05 Jan 05

In what format is the picture being sent?

Your recipient must have the ability to open and read the format the file is in to be able to see it - otherwise it will be gobbledegook as you say.

Try converting to something like a JPEG before posting and see if that works.

Michendi 09:38 05 Jan 05

The response from €dstowe is correct. If you are emailing your pics in the native PSP format then the receipient must have PSP installed on the local machine and the receipient's email client must be setup to default to PSP when handling graphics. Convert your pics to .jpg or .gif files before mailing and you should have no problems.

jack 14:49 05 Jan 05

This is the correct advice.This is what I do.
In 'My pictures' I have a folder called Pix for E-mail
All images for E-mail are resized 600x800 pixels[Using Save As to preserve the original]and redesignated as JPEG and placed in this folder.
When composing E-mail and wish to insert or attachnt simply go to Pix for E-mail, pick yer pix and bobs yer aunt

nova37 19:26 06 Jan 05

Many thanks to all who replied to my query. You have been most helpful. I will now adjust the way I send my pixs as suggested.
Best wishes for the New Year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…