Paint Shop Pro 8

hoverman 17:41 03 Nov 03

Not sure how long it has been available but there is an upgrade to version 8.10 available on the Jasc Software web site. Note: it is a 23.5Mb file and is not available for the trial version of PSP8.

AubreyS 18:01 03 Nov 03

Hi hoverman. Does it do anything interesting thats worth the massive download?

hoverman 18:13 03 Nov 03

Probably not, but then I haven't yet digested the release notes which were also available. If I were not on broadband I might not have bothered to download such a large file.

AubreyS 18:50 03 Nov 03

It would take me a lifetime to find out all the things in PSP! there is so much in it. I do have broadband, but I think that there is enough in it for me to be getting on with. Thanks for the advice. A.

anchor 09:32 04 Nov 03

There seem to have been quite a number of changes in version 8.1, many of them fixes for crashes.

Worth downloading if you have broadband.

The Lights Are On 09:36 04 Nov 03

Thanks Hoverman, I have a few problems with version 8 & reverted back to 7 so I will give it a whirl.

Taran 11:49 04 Nov 03

It fixes some rather serious stability issues, among other things. If you read the Release Notes pdf file it tells you all the 'fixes' the patch sorts out for you.

I've gone back to PSP 7.4 for now. I've had some serious problems with version 8 when running batch jobs with several large images, so for now I'm staying with what I know works. I also verified the above problem by running the same processes with the same source images on 3 different PCs and they all went haywire at the same point.

That's progress for you.

It's a shame really because I like the new interface and features of PSP 8.

For now though, PSP 7.4 along with PhotoShop, Fireworks and the superb Ulead PhotoImpact does my graphics processing.

Check out that Release Notes pdf for a list as long as your arm of the fixes that this patch addresses.

T

The Sack 13:53 04 Nov 03

I have had the update for around 2 weeks and PSP8 seems a lot more stable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…