PAINT PROGRAM GONE!

SnowWhite_x 09:02 28 Sep 07

I haven't used windows xp's paint program for a very long time and when my daughter recently tried to access it, it wasn't there! I don't remember uninstalling it but can only think I must have by accident! I've searched files and folders for it and think it's still there but have cd to reinstall it. Is there anyway I can get it back?

brundle 09:32 28 Sep 07

Start menu/run, type mspaint, press return, if it has actually been removed that command will fail, go to control panel/add remove programs, click Windows Components, click Accessories and Utilities, click Accessories, tick Paint.

scotty 09:35 28 Sep 07

Go to "Start", select "Control Panel" then " Add or remove programs". Select " Add or remove windows components", highlight "Accessories and utilities" and click the box marked "Details". Highlight "Accessories" and again click "Details". Tick the box next to Paint.

If it is already ticked, try unticking it and then going through the process again.

SnowWhite_x 13:15 28 Sep 07

thanks for replying. 'painp' is still there as it appeared when I typed mspaint into 'run', so I tried to access 'windows components' but got this message - set up was unable to open informationfile msmsgs.inf. error code ox2 at line 2088999592.

VoG II 13:40 28 Sep 07

Perhaps click here

SnowWhite_x 14:10 28 Sep 07

Unfortunately, I don't have my windows xp cd rom. Can I download 'paint' from microsoft?

Sea Urchin 14:23 28 Sep 07

How about something different? Paint.NET was designed as an alternative to MS Paint
Download from click here

brundle 16:32 28 Sep 07

I recommend Paint.Net too but you do have Paint on the machine - find it in C:\Program Files\Accessories and make a shortcut.

iscanut2 17:10 28 Sep 07

I think you will find the file in
C:\Windows\system32...should show as mspaint.exe.

brundle 17:34 28 Sep 07

I stand corrected

Sea Urchin 19:52 28 Sep 07

I see you've marked this as resolved. Just wondering - did you manage to find Paint in your system?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…