Paint

User-178362 21:06 18 Nov 05

I would like to cut round a figure so that I do not have the background. But not sure how to do it. I have Photosuite 4 Windows XP. I click on Open with paint, but the picture is much too large and it isn't on the canvas as it should be.

Kev.Ifty 22:06 18 Nov 05

This is what i do...

Open the Picture in Paint. I then reduce the working area by chopping out the bit i need. I do this 'roughly'.

Then click FILE/NEW and PASTE the (smaller)'cut' image on the new canvass. It then becomes easier to work on.

A little illustration.....

click here

Sorry if i'm barking up the wrong tree, or just barking ;-)

Kev

VoG II 22:15 18 Nov 05

Or use Irfanview click here and use the + and - buttons to zoom in and out.

Or even paint.net click here

User-178362 23:51 18 Nov 05

Thank you I will try again tomorrow Saturday doing it your way. I did do it, I'm told its good, but I like to be perfect.

Forum Editor 08:03 19 Nov 05

No more images like that please - my eyes are still vibrating.

Ex plorer 13:45 19 Nov 05

Hi when you open your image click the scroll button and use the scroll wheel to make picture fit the screen.
Give it a try this is how its done in Paint Shop Pro 8.

User-178362 22:13 19 Nov 05

Hi Kev, You didn't say how you cut of the bit you do not need. When I open a picture up. Programs. Accessories then paint, I do not get the tools on the side, just the the ones on the top help, file, edit.

Kev.Ifty 22:26 19 Nov 05

Click VIEW to give you the TOOLS. Put a 'tick' by TOOLS.

In that TOOL BAR Sewlect the little rectangular box. You then have to Drag the box over an area that you choose.

See that 'click here' picture above.

To postion the box for 'cutting'.

Kev.Ifty 22:32 19 Nov 05

To position the box for 'cutting'

Position your cursor in the top left of the chosen area, hold down the left mouse key and drag ya mouse down and to the right...

The bit you don't need will go when you click FILE/NEW. cos don't forget you have saved the bit you want by 'cutting' and you will then paste that saved or cut bit after opening a new canvass.

If that don't make sense just let me know.

Sorry about the broken post....

Kev

User-178362 15:06 20 Nov 05

Hi, I am doing one idea at a time. Not dismissing any of them. I have the tools on the side and I can draw the box over the picture, but when I go into view, new, there isn't any picture cropped or uncropped and I cannot see it in my folder, also the original pic is much too large for me to crop what I would like. Should I reduce it in size before I do anything? I have tried scrolling but each time I let go of the mouse button the rectangular is set.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…