paid anti virus or free one?

asdachick 15:21 11 Nov 08

my anti virus is due to run out in a week,am with kas 7 at the mo,do i buy another year of kaspersky or go for a free one like avg,do u have to have a seperate firewall prog with AVG? also ,do i have to use a removal tool for kaspersky or just delete from add/remove programmes ?

Clapton is God 15:55 11 Nov 08

There is absolutely no reason to pay for any AV program with the likes of Avast and AVG being available for free.

Yes, you do need a separate firewall with both Avast and AVG.

provider 2 16:12 11 Nov 08

Plenty of choice available of course, but both Avast! 4.8 free and the Comodo firewall are popular and reliable:

click here

click here

provider 2 16:29 11 Nov 08

Forgot to mention that if you do decide to remove Kaspersky, it should be done using its own removal too, not Add/Remove:

click here

Ballie 16:31 11 Nov 08

Kaspersky I find very good, internet sec plus firewall, download the free 30 day trial if you like it then buy the licence key off ebay for about £5.00

alan2273 16:32 11 Nov 08

AVG, Avast, Avira & ClamwinAV all good free antivirus programs.

Comodo, Zone Alarm , Sunbelt personfirewall & Tall emu online armour are all good free firewalls.

Sneeze1 16:34 11 Nov 08

My Kapersky runs out in 2009 do I go to the shop to get a new one, or do I renew the key online please?

Clapton is God 16:37 11 Nov 08

Rather than hijacking someone else's thread with your own question, pl;ease start your own thread.

Or, as already advised, use the free AVs available.

provider 2 16:38 11 Nov 08

FAQ for Online purchases: click here

howdou 18:47 11 Nov 08

I struggled for a long time to get AVG 8 to keep working properly and a month ago switched to Avast home edition. It feels like heaven. So far everything runs really smoothly so I would recommend it.

polish 19:58 11 Nov 08

if you happen to bank online with barclays kaspersky is offered for free which iam using at the moment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…