Pagis Pro/Textbridge Pro 98

GPC 20:26 10 Nov 04

I installed Pagos Pro-Textbridge 98 on my new Dell.. it has Windows XP Professional.
It seems to run OK but when opening previously scanned files, it distorts them.
Printing the files results in a useless mess.

Do I have to purchase the lates Textbridge to be able to use those files again or is there a better solution?
GPC

TOPCAT® 21:11 10 Nov 04

Suggest you check the software company's website for a possible WinXP upgrade patch. TC.

Peter 00:15 11 Nov 04

If it's the files saved in the .xif format that you are trying to open I think Xerox, who I believe are behind Scansoft and PagisPro, have given up on the .xif format. I think they have opted for saving as PDFs. Perhaps you could use the "Convert Format" option on the old PC before using the file on your new Dell.

I think the replacement programme for PagisPro is Parerport Professional 10.

Peter.

Peter 15:32 11 Nov 04

The website for Scansoft is click here

An alternative document storage system DocumentExpress with DjVu can be found at click here. Better (smaller) files, but at a price.

Peter 18:06 11 Nov 04

You've "Green Ticked" it as solved; any chance of knowing which info helped.

Perhaps you already explained what helped and then "Green Ticked", but that looses your message and just ticks the thread as solved. Green Ticking needs to be a separate operation.

Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…