Pages not updating on here.

russmini 22:44 08 Feb 05

The last couple of days when i log on to this site, i log in then usually go straight to helproom, now sometimes ok but other times goes back to the previous time i logged in. If i go into ccleaner and run that then all ok. So comp hanging onto the time of logging in. Just logged in at 22.00, looked through help then consumer then speakers, when i went back to helproom, it automatically went back to the items at 22.00 which obviously i have already looked at. If i click on a post and go into that post then the updated items appear on the left column, so i can then look at latest things, but very annoying.

Cookie problem ?

And no not changed anything lately or not that i know of.

Hope this is understood by all

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:48 08 Feb 05

This is for IE5.5 or IE6
1. At the top of the screen, where it has "File Edit View" etc, click Tools

2. On the menu that comes up select the entry that says Internet Options

3. There will be three sections on the window that comes up. One that says Home Page, one that says Temporary Internet Files, and one that says History.

In the section that says Temporary Internet Files click the button that says Settings.

4. This will open a second window, at the top, there will be four option buttons.
Select Every visit to the page, this will make it automatically grab the page you're going to off the server.

russmini 23:13 08 Feb 05

Ah that seems to have done the trick ! Well done GANDALF <|:-)> , you are awarded a gold star for your quick and correct response ! Haha

daba 23:20 08 Feb 05

I have this option checked, but it doesn't seem to work (on W98SE, IE6) if you simply use 'Back' to get back to a page.

I have to 'Refresh' or hit F5 to see the page changes.

Is this normal behaviour, or is there a problem with my IE ?

russmini 23:23 08 Feb 05

Well mine working fine now and i have same os and ie6. Didn't know about F5 though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…