Pagefile missing?

Billy911 14:27 14 Jul 05

I get an error message when I log into W2KPro about my pagefile being too small or does'nt exist. It gives instructions on how to increase/decrease it but that hasn't worked. I did a search for pagefile.sys which produced nothing. Does this mean that the pagefile has gone and if so how do I create a new pagefile.sys and in which folder do I put it?

VoG II 14:40 14 Jul 05

click here may help.

Billy911 14:46 14 Jul 05

Thanks VoG™ but unfortunately I have the same problem as the guy in the forum in that I have an AMD processor and not Intel.

VoG II 14:49 14 Jul 05

Did you check click here out?

Billy911 14:53 14 Jul 05

Thanks again VoG™. The file is probably hidden. I say probably because I'm at work at the moment and so will have to check when I get home.

Billy911 13:15 15 Jul 05

I read in a book about viruses/security that Administrators should make all .exe & .com programs Read-only to help protect the system against viruses. This somehow caused my pagefile to become too small. When I put all the .exe & .com programs back to normal (ie able to write to) the pagefile problem disappeared. Also other problems have stopped as well such as when I tried to install a program on a CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…