Page_fault_in_non-page_area

roger 19:50 22 Feb 07

I have just upgraded to Vista Business.

All fine except that when I try to view jpeg/tiff photos using Windows Photo Gallery or Preview or if I try to stream videos the computer crashes and I get the same blue screen which says

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down"

There is a reference to a file - NV4_mini.sys - a lot of tech stuff and at the end a message that the computer is collecting data for a crash dump.

I assume that an Nvidia file is corrupted. I have upgraded NVidia from XP to Vista.

Can I repair the files/Vista. I have tried re-installing NVidia but not a new download or do I have to re-install Vista.

All thoughts and suggestions will be most gratefully received.

Thanks.

Roger

SLAYER 20:10 22 Feb 07

It might be a driver problem, have a read here.

click here

roger 20:55 22 Feb 07

Thanks for that input, Slayer. Illuminating and interesting but a lot quite a bit over my head.

However, given the erudite comments it looks likely that my is probably a NVidia driver problem.

I am running a FX5200 card on an Athlon 64 3400+ with 2gb ram.

It seems to me that I might be better off to go back to XP and wait to see what happens over the next few weeks. Or maybe not and just wait for a few weeks and watch the NVidia web site for further statements. I do not know. I am in a quandary!

Any further thoughts?!

Roger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…