Page width in Expression Web

belayer 20 Nov 10

I have made the move from Frontpage to Expression Web and I am struggling. I design my page as a narrow page, but when it is viewed on a widescreen it reformats to fit the whole screen.

I know there must be a way to lock it to size, but damned if I can find it.

HELP!

cycoze 20 Nov 10

Sounds like you have set it to auto-stretch to 100%.

Open up your table properties (right click page and select from menu or click menu top screen and click on TABLE etc), you will see the option in the new window to specify width in either pixels or percent, put a dot/tick in pixels.

belayer 21 Nov 10

Many thanks,

I shall investigate those and see what happens.

belayer 21 Nov 10

No good I am afraid. I cannot follow the above instructions at all, my screen doesn't seem to have the items you suggest.

Back to the drawing board!

cycoze 21 Nov 10

Have a look at these screen shots to see if they help guide you.

My suggestion click here

forum member's suggestion click here

belayer 22 Nov 10

Many thanks,got it sorted, you were right, after I deciphered the CSS data for styles it works fine.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message