page size in HTML?

Mysticnas 10:45 20 Sep 05

Ok this should be a very quickly resolved question, i should assume anyway.. lol

How do i make a HTML page open up at a fixed size and where do i type these instructions in the code?

Also can i get it to open up without the title and status bars? so it looks like a pop-up thing?
-------------------------------------------

!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"click here">
html>
head>
meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
title>Untitled Document /title>
/head>

body>
/body>
/html>
----------------------------------------

Thanks all.

Mysticnas 11:27 20 Sep 05

bump?

Taran 14:05 20 Sep 05

Forgive my memory here, but I seem to recall you mentioning Dreamweaver at some point in the past.

If you have it (Dreamweaver) then use its built in JavaScript pop-up new browser window behaviour.

To access it click on the Tag Inspector panel on the right panel group, click on Behaviours, then click on the plus sign for a list of options. Select "Open browser window" from the list and fill in the resulting page. You can set the page name to open and its height, width, whether scrollbars are allowed and so on.

An example of its code is here:

After the title tag and before the closing </head> tag you would have a JavaScript declaration:

<script type="text/JavaScript">
<!--
function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0
window.open(theURL,winName,features);
}
//-->
</script>

Then in the <body> tag you'd have something like this:

<body onload="MM_openBrWindow('index.html','Home','scrollbars=yes,width=700,height=400')">

Note that this opens the new page at a given size when the parent page is called. You can assign similar values to an onClick event for a hyperlink or button.

Here is just one of hundreds of links online that explain how to do it:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5