Page Numbering Problem

SABRE 09:35 28 Aug 03

Using MS Word (footer) and if I number my pages in print preview all looks OK i.e. Page 1 of 2, 2 of 20 etc. Problem is when I print the document, it prints as Page 1 of 1, Page 2 of 2 etc. Any ideas?

Taff36 10:08 28 Aug 03

Which version of Word are you using?

In Word XP (and I think previous versions) you need to select VIEW>HEADER FOOTER and then select the footer. From the floating toolbar that appears click the button that says insert autotext then select HEADER FOOTER> PAGE X OF Y.

Is this what you have been doing?

SABRE 10:14 29 Aug 03

Yes Taff36, this is what I have been doing. The odd thing is that in print preview all looks OK i.e. 1 of 3, 2 of 3 etc. It is only when printing that it prints 1 of 1, 2 of 2 etc. Could it be something in the printer default settings? (Epson Stylus Colour C80).

-pops- 10:29 29 Aug 03

I always use "Page Numbers" from the "Insert" dropdown menu.

SABRE 11:20 29 Aug 03

I dont think page numbers from the insert dropdown menu gives you the opportunity to display as 'page 1 of 20' etc.

Chris the Ancient 11:27 29 Aug 03

This is a known bug in later versions of Word.

Working form (vague) memory, the way to make it that it prints 'backwards' i.e. last page first. This is an option that you can set in print options.

Otherwise, do a google search on Word page numbering - as I said, it is a known bug.

HTH

Chris

SABRE 00:39 30 Aug 03

Think you have answered the problem. Will try the various fixes.

Nosmas 01:57 30 Aug 03

This is a known problem with Word. Have a look at my thread click here and follow through the link given by jazzypop which first goes to Charles Kenyon's site and then scroll down to the various links he gives, including the Microsoft Knowledge-base. These give both downloads and workarounds for the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…