Page not displayed message

Petulant 09:30 22 Feb 05

I connect via broadband,use Windows XP and use MSN, Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers. I am having the problem with all three.
For no apparent reason I have started getting 'page cannot be displayed' messages as I'm browsing and I have to refresh the page sometimes 4 or 5 times before it loads.
I have Norton and also Microsoft Antispyware running.
Can anyone please advise me which settings I could adjust to get it back to normal?

MichelleC 12:34 22 Feb 05

Are your firewall settings ok? You can also have a look at Local Area Connections/Properties/Internet protocol/Properties/Advanced/WINS, and fiddle with settings.

curlylad 00:31 24 Feb 05

Have you tried clearing out all your clutter ? If not get this to do it for you Ccleaner click here also do a defrag and a complete Anti Virus scan , try Ad aware click here , perhaps spybot click here also a²FREE click here then spyware blaster click here Update and run all these and see if you are getting the same problem !

Petulant 21:28 24 Feb 05

Thanks for the responses.
My firewall is with Norton and can't see any problems with it.
I'm pretty good at cleaning up my pc and scan every other day and do disk cleanup and defrag as well.
It's a fairly new development and the only software I've added recently is Microsoft Antispyware but I'm hoping it's not that cos it's a good program.
Any other ideas would be welcome.

THE TERMINATOR 23:52 24 Feb 05

You hit the nail on the head pal. For some reason, I don't think Norton programs and Microsoft Ant-Spyware like each other. I have NIS 2005 and had to uninstall MAS because it was sending all my e-mails to Nortons Anti-Spam box in OE. I got rid and everything is back to normal. click here and remove your adware with this program....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…