Page not Connecting but i think im connected?

Nina1 09:15 11 Apr 08

Hi, You'll have to excuse me as I am a complete ludite! I have recently connected to SKY Broadband connect. I have a laptop with a Belkin wireless adapter. The SKY set up CD didnt work so I have managed to set up the router, all lights flash etc. Ive tested it works through the Ethernet cable and also checked that the adapter is working - both seem fine. However, I am constantly getting page can not be displayed? I have a feeling I havent set something up in my internet options correctly - does anyone have any ideas what though?
Thanks

ambra4 10:31 11 Apr 08

Check your LAN card and network setting

click here

Nina1 11:02 11 Apr 08

Sorry, like I said, dont know what im talking about - where would the network setting be and what is a LAN card?

ambra4 11:31 11 Apr 08

The lan card is the card that the Ethernet cable plug into (Local Area Connection in Setting-Network Connection)

Go to the posting and just follow the instruction on how to set up the lan card and the

network on your computer

Nina1 15:37 11 Apr 08

Thank you for this, I will try this out! Fingers crossed, many thanks for your help though!
Nina

joebloggs1 20:08 11 Apr 08

I have recently had a problem with a Belkin N1 router. Turns out it was soemthing called the MTU settings. Vista defaults to 1500 but my Belkin router was set to 1432 - if PC MTU setting is higher than router then lots of pages can't connect. Have a look at my posting here click here - although that's Orange forum it's not specifcally an Orange issue.
If you think it might be this, then this link click here tells you how to change it. I would change it to 1430.
If your on XP you can download a program called DcotorTCP

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…