Page not available

prince77 09:45 23 Jul 04

Hi, I have 1mb broadband and all was fine until over the last couple of days. After a few minutes, all i get is the "page not available" no matter which page I want to go to.

Could this be a virus.

I have scanned using the latest updates with both AVG and Norton Anti Virus. It reports no virus found.

I use Norton personal firewall, again fully updated. Anyone else had a similair problem?

Thankyou. Ally.

AndySD 10:12 23 Jul 04

Can you get on the internet at all??

If the pc is XP then try going Start then Run type in

cmd

and hit ok

At the prompt type in

tracert microsoft.com

does it say Destination unreachable. If so how are you connecting to broadband?? ntl settop box or a modem?

prince77 10:57 23 Jul 04

Thank you AndySD. I connect through a modem using bt internet.What you suggested worked.

I think I may have fixed the problem. This is what happened. Personal Firewall asked if a file called SystemSpool.dll could access the internet. I didnt know what this was so I blocked it. This could have caused the problem as it started soon after this.

Anyway, I allowed the file to access the internet and Ive been online for 1 hr 20 mins and all is ok.

If anyone knows that SystemSpool.dll is harmful, please let me know.

Thankyou.

AndySD 11:08 23 Jul 04

I can not find this dll try running Adaware click here or spybotsd click here remember to update them before running the scans.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017