Page margins when printing e-mail

AndrosTeN 10:24 16 Aug 03

My system uses Win 98SE and Outlook Express 6. Recently when printing email it no longer leaves a "sensible" margin round the text, but attempts to print to the edge of the paper. This results in characters being lost whether printing in portrait or landscape. I have checked the printer properties (HP 500) and correctly set for A4, but there is no setting for margins. There are no problems printing from Word where I can set the margins, only Outlook Express which does not allow you to set them. Is this a registry setting I need to tweak? Help please.

dave h 10:37 16 Aug 03

With E-Mails that I want to print, I tend to 'Cut' the text content and 'Paste' it into MS Word. Then I've got full control of the output.

Printing direct from E-Mail gives you all the extra bumf you don't need.

palinka 12:28 16 Aug 03

dave h beat me to it! You can save a lot of paper by Cut (or Copy) and paste into Word.
I have a shortcut to Word placed where I can open a new page easily for this purpose.

AndrosTeN 14:45 16 Aug 03

Thanks palinka & daveh for your suggestion. Obviously as a work around then what you suggest makes sense. However, I would like to hang out for a fix. It used to be fine and has only recently started behaving like this. Any suggestions anyone else?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…