Page has lost security certificate???

User-324448 10:09 21 Jul 08

When I log on to certain web sites I get a message similar to --The security certificate presented by this website has expired or is not yet valid.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

It does not happen on my two other computers and all 3 are networked 2 run XP one has Vista its one of the XP systems that shows it, how do I sort this out, I have tries System restore but the problems still there, Oh yes I run a Netgear Router wired to all three and a wirefree dongle to a laptop not yet purchased tho.

MAT ALAN 10:36 21 Jul 08

Check the date and time on this particular PC...

User-324448 10:48 21 Jul 08

Date & time are correct Mat Alan

MAT ALAN 11:13 21 Jul 08

If the website is in a diferent time zone try setting it to that..

or

Go to Internet options > Content >Certificates > and delete any expired certificates.

Go to Internet Options > Advanced tab > Under Security uncheck "Check for publisher's certificate revocation"

User-324448 11:34 21 Jul 08

I have just tried both those, seperatly and together with no joy unless I need to restart the computer which I dont think I have to ?

MAT ALAN 11:40 21 Jul 08

Prof. not sure where else to look for a minute, the most common fault is a date and time error, i'll keep looking...

MAT ALAN 11:43 21 Jul 08

Could be your Antivirus software scanning the encryption connection which ie detects as certificate having an error...

User-324448 12:02 21 Jul 08

I have for many years used AVG Free and its been superb, unlike a couple of paid for ones years back

MAT ALAN 12:03 21 Jul 08

Me too, never had a problem certificate wise, am a bit puzzled now gonna be a learning curve for both of us...

MAT ALAN 12:06 21 Jul 08

There is a suggestion it may be down to your chosen browser not being up to date could try updating if this is the case...

User-324448 12:15 21 Jul 08

The strange thing is it does not happen on every page I look at, Ebay opens up fine if I google it but my short cut to either Ebay or Natwest turn up this Certificate error, and only on this one computer, could it be caused by outside infuences like a spy or phishing ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017