Page fault in nonpaged area

tullie 20:24 13 Jun 15

I am getting the following fault,even when I am not active on the PC. PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA,any thoughts please. Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:51 13 Jun 15

What is the actual Fault code?

0.0x00000???

tullie 23:04 13 Jun 15

Sorry FB,I cant recall seing one,apologies.

Secret-Squirrel 09:30 14 Jun 15

Tullie, the PAGE-FAULT-IN-NONPAGED-AREA (0x50) "Blue Screen of Death" is frequently caused by faulty memory. To check your computer's RAM, go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Windows Memory Diagnostic. Run the memory checker and see if it finds any faults.

If your system RAM is OK then download, install and run BlueScreenView which should list the details of all previous BSoDs. If it does then post a screenshot of the details section - make sure that the "Bugcheck String" and "Caused by driver" sections are clearly visible.

tullie 12:48 14 Jun 15

Thanks for your replies FB and SS.Ran the memory test,that was ok.Ran BlueScreenView,nothing atall there.At the end of the memory test I got a warning from Malwarebytes saying it was unable to load the Anti Rootkit Driver,error2005,but dont know if theres any connection with my problem.I run the premium addition.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 14 Jun 15

Have you installed Bluescreenview as suggested by SS?

That will give you all the details of what is causing the crash by reading the dump file.

tullie 14:35 14 Jun 15

Yes I have FB,came up blank.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:44 14 Jun 15

HAve you run CCleaner since the crash? if so you may need for it to crash again before getting any info

rdave13 14:47 14 Jun 15

Have you kept the licence for Malwarebytes safe? If so, I would be inclined to run its removal tool, click here, reboot and reinstall the latest version.

tullie 15:02 14 Jun 15

Thanks all,will run CCleaner and reinstall Malwarebytes,will get back to you.

Secret-Squirrel 15:41 14 Jun 15

Ran BlueScreenView,nothing atall there.

Check that your system settings are correct:

Go to Control Panel -> System -> Advanced System Settings (top-left) -> Startup and Recovery "Settings" button. Make sure your System Failure settings look like this. If you did need to change things then sadly you're going to have to wait until the next BSoD occurs to see any details.

Thanks all,will run CCleaner

I think FB's suggesting that you don't run CCleaner as it'll wipe out all the BSoD data - just a guess though. 1]: [click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…