Page fault in no paged area

chewie7876 00:07 28 Aug 14

Hi there, I built my PC about 8 months ago and throughout these 8 months, I would get BSOD at random times. I restart my computer and it works perfectly normal. However, once or twice a week, it will occasional BSOD. I searched on-line for the problem but all the solutions only teach what happens if your computer BSOds on start-up, which mines does not. I used memtest and check my RAM which it said it did not have any problems. I also used CMD and typed in chkdsk which it said no problems as well. I have no idea what to do, can anyone help me? THanks

George Nazareno 02:37 28 Aug 14

wert

George Nazareno 02:44 28 Aug 14

If the memory checked out fine, the next suspect is the video card. Try removing it and use the onboard video. If it fixes the problem, you may then replace it with a new one.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:53 28 Aug 14

PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA (0×00000050)

Occurs when Windows 8 tries to access a page of memory that does not exist. RAM stores pages of memory on the hard drive that are required but not actively in use (page files), non-paged area covers files which are constantly active.

Error is usually caused due to a fault with

a) the RAM.

b) The process trying to access a page file in non-paged area is usually the driver or a system service.

c) Could also be an application, like antivirus, that stores some data in the non-paged area, and is not able to retrieve it from this location, when required.

Having checked the ram try updating or reinstalling drivers.

Please note what programs or systems are in use next time it crashes.

Blue screen view utility will give you more info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced