page fault "error in shell 32.dll"

gammielbow 21:05 09 Apr 03

I am currently using windows98 second edition software but seem to have some trouble with cut and paste and general right clicking on the mouse to move files around.The error message i recieve is "error in shell32.dll at 0167:7fcc5668". Also my games don't seem to install or load properly sometimes are these problems related.

spikeychris 22:07 09 Apr 03

The below two shell errors look like they could pertain to you. However there are lots of similar shell errors as well. You could try sfc, the system files checker that will repair any system files.

1) Place your windows CD in the CD-Rom drive.

2)Click start then run then type sfc (for system file checker), select the option to extract one file and type shell32.dll in the box and click "start".

3) In the "from" box, type in "D:\win98", where D is the letter of your CD drive.

4) In the "to" box, type in the location that the file is going to, "C:\Windows\system".

If it offers to copy the file to help something or other (cant remember) then select yes.

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…