Page expired screen

lightfeet 07:58 04 Jan 03
  lightfeet 07:58 04 Jan 03

When returning to the previous page after reading a thread on this extremely useful forum I have started receiving the “Warning: page has expired” followed by the frustrating Refresh & Retry screens. How can I resolve this please?

jazzypop 08:03 04 Jan 03

I always right-click any thread that I want to read, and choose 'open in new window'. Once I have read the thread, I close the window, and I can see how far down the list of threads I have got.

Once I have read all the threads of interest, I hit refresh for the 'main page' of threads. I have never yet had a 'page expired' message using this method.

« Ravin » 08:09 04 Jan 03

could be a problem with your cookie settings. what version of ie do you use?

« Ravin » 08:09 04 Jan 03

what browser do you use?

;o)

lightfeet 08:12 04 Jan 03

Ravin, I use IE6

lightfeet 08:18 04 Jan 03

jazzypop, have just used your "right click" method & it works a treat. Thanks.

jazzypop 08:20 04 Jan 03

Your welcome. It is a habit that I have developed, and it is now second nature for me to open any link on any site in a new window. Saves me an awful lot of to-ing and fro-ing

bow1 08:21 04 Jan 03

If you hold down shift and left click it does the same.

jazzypop 08:29 04 Jan 03

You can also hit the Tab key repeatedly until you have the focus on the link that you want, then press Enter to open that link, or Shift-Enter to open the link in a new window.

Personally, I prefer to lean back in my chair, use my thigh as a mousemat for my cordless optical mouse, and leave the keyboard well alone. Much better for my injured back at the moment :)

bow1 08:31 04 Jan 03

Sorry to here about the back jazzypop, I won't ask how you did it ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…