page error

carlinglover 12:33 16 Jan 03
  carlinglover 12:33 16 Jan 03

everytime i get to a web page and click a link to play a game or get a feature up it just says at the bottom "error on page" has anybody got any idea how to get round this problem? i am very new to computers so worded as simple as possible please... thank you for any help

QuickHare 13:20 16 Jan 03

Page errors are simply a problem with the web page. It could be due to a problem on computer, but this is highly unlikely. It's more a problem with the webpage on the Internet.

To get more information, Go to Tools and Options in Internet Explorer, click on Advanced and tick the box "Display a notification about every script error".

Post again with the information in the box that appears when these problems occur. That will help identify the fault.

If you need more help, I'll go through it easier for you.

QuickHare

QuickHare 16:01 16 Jan 03

Your message to me was:

i did as you said and i still cant get into any games or the like and i get a msg saying "the objected has been disconnected from its clients"and do i wish to continue running scripts on this page? cant play any games at all !any ideas what may be wrong? many thanks

After reading up, it is a problem that a program is closing before another has finished with it.

I would suggest you repair Internet Explorer.

Click on Start, point to Settings, click on Control Panel. Open Add/Remove Programs and find "Internet Explorer and Tools" in the list of installed programs. Click on this entry and then on Add/Remove (or the button next to the list). When a box appears, select Repair Internet Explorer and click OK. You may need to restart your computer.

QuickHare

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…