Page cannot be displayed problem

Femme 21:00 12 Dec 04

The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
If your Network Administrator has enabled it, Microsoft Windows can examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings.
If you would like Windows to try and discover them,
click Detect Network Settings
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer
Im still having this trouble
Mostly msn website
It also appears when i try to send mail but i can receive mail fine
I have tried all the spy stuff and am at a loss.
Once in awhile its perfect then suddenly--page cannot be displayed again then i can do nothing
Thamks

woodchip 21:03 12 Dec 04

Try reboot

woodchip 21:04 12 Dec 04

Try reboot.

PS your Modem as got it's nickers in a twist

VoG II 21:04 12 Dec 04

Have a clear out click here

Femme 22:21 12 Dec 04

Thankyou Vog also, am going to try cleanerthx
took me five minutes just to get in here sigh
after three tries

woodchip 18:40 13 Dec 04

You may be better remove the connection in Networks in the Control Panel then reset it up, Manually if you have all the Settings.

^wave^ 18:48 13 Dec 04

do have spybot installed on your system if so it may have set something to block cookies

Dorsai 20:12 13 Dec 04

Or perhaps the web site is actually down. Unless it is happening for them all. Or perhaps your ISP has a problem. Is it all OK now?

Femme 22:14 13 Dec 04

Why would it work once in awhile then nothing?
This started the day that I swithched from dial up to cable
My pc is clean as a pin
Run every test imaginable
I think its due to the cacble spmehow but the cable guy was no help
Even here it takes forever to get in
crawls then suddenly off it goes
thx

Valvegrid 22:21 13 Dec 04

Does your cable happen to be NTL?

Also if you are clicking on a link from you favourites, try typing the address, I had something similar when the link in favourites got corrupted.

Femme 22:37 13 Dec 04

There were a couple of things that spybot
had blocked I unblocked them and for the last few minutes Im sailing again
Wish me luck it might be just another sputr time will tell.

Valve its cogeco cable
And yes Ive tried typing in address no results
Is there such thing as Computer hall of fame?
If so you guys should be there.
As always I appreciate your help.
Thanks
Femme

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…