PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED (PC)

barcodelexus 12:35 17 Oct 07

I have virgin cable media broadband with modem provided and i have borought a belkin wirless router to connect my laptop to however the connection to the laptop is excellent i can surf the net etc but my pc will not let me access the internet it just keeps saying page cannot be displayed? I have had this pc on a wireless router before which was excellent allowing both pc to be online at the same time, i dont understand y this is, there is deffinatley something wrong please can u resolve this issue for me asap..
many thank
alexis

mgmcc 15:16 17 Oct 07

Which model of router have you bought and have you definitely connected its *WAN* port by ethernet cable to the Modem?

barcodelexus 15:26 17 Oct 07

1( I HAVE BOROUGHT A BELKIN 802.11G WIRELESS ROUTER WITH A WIRELESS NETWORKING USB ADAPTER.

2( THE WIRELESS ROUTER IS CONNECTED TO THE CABLE MODEM VIA ETHERNET CABLE.
THE MODEM IS CONNECTED TO THE PC VIA USB LEAD

3( THE PC CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET VIA THE WIRELESS ROUTER, IT ONLY CONNECTS IF I DISCONNECT THE WIRELESS ROUTER COMPLETELY, HOWEVER I WEN WIRELESS ROUTER IS CONNECTED BACK TO THE PC I CANNOT GET ONLINE AT ALL I GET ERROR MESSAGE "PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED".

4( THE WIRELESS WORKS EXCELLENT ON THE LAPTOP NO PROBLEMS AT ALL BUT IF I TRY TO CONNECT SHARE THE INTERNET CONNECT IT DOES NOT WORK ON THE LAPTOP HAS CONNECTION

PLEASE HELP

barcodelexus 15:38 17 Oct 07

By the way this is how i have had to connect the modem to my pc,

1 cable modem connected to pc via usb lead

2 cable modem connected to wireless router via ethernet lead

3 wireless router a port has aethernet lead connected to pc

so modem has 1 lead to pc and 1 lead to router

so wireless router has 1 lead to modem and 1 lead to pc

im sure this is connected wrongly but my cable modem only has 1 usb port and 1 ethernet port thats y i connected the ethernet lead to the router and the router does not have a usb port .

help

Zaphod 3 16:12 17 Oct 07

My setup has Ethernet lead from NTL modem going into the green socket on the back of the router. The original supplied ethernet cable from connection 1 to the network card in pc. There is no usb connection.

mgmcc 17:31 17 Oct 07

As "Zaphod 3" mentioned, there should be *NO* USB connection between the PC and the Cable Modem. The *ONLY* connection to the Cable Modem is by ethernet from the Router's WAN port. The computers connect to the Router for their internet access.

The reason I asked about the model of Router was to ensure you are using a "Cable/DSL" and *NOT* a combined "Router & ADSL Modem" which is not suitable for Cable broadband.

Zaphod 3 17:50 17 Oct 07

If you are using the usb to power the modem, I would suggest using the mains transformer that came with the modem. It does make life a lot easier.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…