page cannot be displayed - help

Howard's Way 22:27 03 Apr 04

I am running Windows 98SE and IE6 and using ISP Tascali. I put a free Sygate firewall on my system and I got "page cannot be displayed," I promptly uninstalled it, but still got "page cannot be displayed". I am going on line as the 2 little flashing monitors are saying I am connected. I have tried the IE6 repair and re-installing windows SE and Installing the firewall and uninstalling it again. I have tried Sygates trouble shooting part of their website and their suggestions. Still I get the "page cannot be displayed". Anybody got any ideas? I thought re-installing windows SE would work.

Giggle n' Bits 22:39 03 Apr 04

it will most likley be fine but just installing 98SE only puts back the system files missing and not always takes out the damaged or dodgy registry entries or correct things.

Suggest you back up your work then Format HDD clean and preform a clean install of 98SE.

Diodorus Siculus 22:42 03 Apr 04

Try a reinstall of sygate and then uninstall according to their website instructions - that might help.

Howard's Way 22:43 03 Apr 04

I think re-formatting HDD is a bit drastic to fix this problem there must be a way to resolve this other than the last resort!

Howard's Way 22:47 03 Apr 04

I have already tried this one. The thing I can't fathom is that the wife's laptop running the same OS and IE6 has all the same ISP settings as my computer and this works fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…