The Page Cannot Be Displayed

007juk 00:20 28 Jun 03

I keep getting this error when I access certain web sites. It's must be my browser settings but what.
Please help. I can access the site ok, but when I want to go further, it just rejects and gives me the above error. I think it's a security thing. As it stands I can't order anything online.

Please help with this one, thank you.

jazzypop 00:25 28 Jun 03

Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced, scroll down to Security, make sure that 'use SSL2' and 'use SSL3' are ticked.

A15 00:27 28 Jun 03

Like you say, it sounds like your security settings. In Explorer go to tools, internet options & click security tab, then make sure your security settings are set to medium, this should be well enough basic security. The other thing to look at is if you have a firewall, you may have your security settings set too high in there.

007juk 00:29 28 Jun 03

Jazzypop, they are ticked but still no access?

007juk 00:31 28 Jun 03

A15, by firewall do u mean Zonealarm?

007juk 00:43 28 Jun 03

A15, even when I shut down zonealarm I still can't access the sites?

A15 20:49 28 Jun 03

It most lilely will not make any difference if you do shut down Zonealarm. The firewalls work in a much more secure way than allowing access if the program is shut down. It's up to you, but I think I would try uninstalling Zonealarm just to see if it helps. Maybe you could try one of the other free firewalls out there, just to see.

Earlier versions of Norton Firewall used to do this to me, one day would be fine, but the next, usually after an update, I could not access the net. When I un-installed Norton all was fine again. I have not noticed this problem with current versions of Norton. This may not be the problem at all & I may be barking up the wrong tree, but it's got to be worth trying. Also, under tools/internet options/security have you made sure that none of the websites you are trying to access have somehow made their way on to your restricted sites list? Also check for the same in Zonealarm.

keith-236785 21:01 28 Jun 03

are you using windows xp?

if so you may be missing the microsoft java files needed by some sites, the file you need is msjavx86, click here , click on the "msjavx86" at the end of the first line, download, check for virus`s and install....

it might help

keith-236785 21:05 28 Jun 03

just tried following my link, if the download doesn't start, click the "click here" bit at the beggining of the line, then click back on your browser and try the msjavx86 at the end again.

it does work cos im now downloading it, 6.32MB

good luck

keith-236785 21:07 28 Jun 03

that should have read ftp . labor. ru/

i have put spaces in to stop the Click here link appearing

microswift 21:52 28 Jun 03

Try pressing ctrl+f5.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…