This page cannot be displayed

xxxxxxx 23:32 06 Jun 03

...come up every time I try a shortcut to a website. Why has this started happening. I am running Windows 98,and accessing the net via AOL>

tell us the website so we can check it for you it could well be down

xxxxxxx 23:48 06 Jun 03

Hello. It's happening on all websites. Is it possible I have lost Internet Explorer,if so, what do I do. I can access the net through AOL but I prefer to use my computor shortcuts

when IE launches does it connect?

xxxxxxx 23:55 06 Jun 03

I don't think so. I get the "This page......" message then as well.
Gordon.

if you have aol installed you may be stuck going out through that as it is probably set as your default browser, any links to the net should launch the aol browser,

xxxxxxx 00:04 07 Jun 03

Is there a way around this. Do I have to use AOL as my default broweser. Thanks for your helpBTW

dont take my word for it but i think that to use the AOL phone number you may well have to use the aol browser, but keep asking as theres bound to be an aol customer out there who knows more,

Djohn 00:15 07 Jun 03

me coming in on this one horiz5. I think that IE is probably set to work off line, that is why it will give the message you are seeing.

Yes you do need to connect to the web through your ISP, (AOL), but then you can minimise it to the taskbar and use IE or any other browser.

Try, clicking on file, (Top left of IE) and see if a tick is on the line, "Work offline", if it is then just un-tick, your web pages will then show. j

xxxxxxx 00:24 07 Jun 03

Tried that but it is unticked. Up until recently I could connect through AOL then minimise then use IE and my favourites. Has AOL done something sneeky???

Djohn 00:32 07 Jun 03

I use AOL as well, I tried IE just now, it is working fine.

How are you connected at the moment? Are you using aol and the address bar to log into this site?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…