page cannot be displayed

geeza 19:33 13 Jun 06

recently mcafee ran out so I thought I would try AVG for free.I dont know if this has caused the problem but sites that I could access previously are now not able to be displayed. Can anybody point me in the right direction to rectify this.

octal 19:46 13 Jun 06

It could be your hosts file blocking access, try doing a search for "hosts" without an extension, when you find it try renaming it to hosts.old and see if you can access the web sites, if it works let us know because there is just a little more work to do on it.

geeza 19:49 13 Jun 06

octal, renamed the hosts file but still not working

VoG II 19:49 13 Jun 06

Restart your PC after renaming hosts.

geeza 19:59 13 Jun 06

have restarted but still no go

octal 20:01 13 Jun 06

Fair enough, take the extension off the file to put it back the way it was, back to the drawing board.

octal 20:04 13 Jun 06

Try switching the firewall off temporarily and see if you can access one of the sites.

VoG II 20:19 13 Jun 06
  geeza 20:28 13 Jun 06

Vog
Tried that but wouldnt let me onto the download page, same old story unable to find page

VoG II 20:33 13 Jun 06

Click my yellow envelope to send me an e-mail. I'll send you the program by return.

Catastrophe 06:50 14 Jun 06

geeza

Which version IE are you using?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…